Learn new techniques, new styles of lighting and bump up your creativity! In this Advanced Studio Portrait Lighting workshop, you will learn from Master Photographer Tim Meyer. With style as a consideration, and in a hands-on environment, Mr. Meyer will illustrate how your choice of light shaping tools, metering, ratios, facial and body analysis and posing work together to produce dynamic results and consistently high quality images.
This experience will provide an opportunity for you to consider, and develop, a professional level of portrait lighting and posing skills for stylized lighting..
Three Different Portfolio Styles
One Master Photographer
In two full days, this class, Advanced Studio Portrait Lighting provides the opportunity for learning the posing and portrait lighting techniques that are the backbone of a successful professional portrait or wedding studio.
- Quality of light and the portrait
- Ambient, continuous, and strobe light sources
- Understanding light modifiers and enhancers
- Mastering lighting ratios
- Importance and selection of backgrounds
- Extensive coverage of lighting setups
- Understanding light meters and metering in portraiture
- Lighting patterns on the human face
- Facial analysis
- Composition in portraiture
- Posing for various types of portraits
- Eliciting appropriate expression
- The fine art portrait
- Portraiture for the masse
- Using available lighting
Class size limited to ten students
Camera (extra batteries and memory card)
Something for note taking
Must have taken beginning lighting class
Photographer, educator, author
Tim Meyer is passionate about the field of photography. With over 35 years as a professional photographer, he brings experience and sustained energy to his work. Mixing our rich artistic heritage with today’s modern styles, his images enlighten and inspire.
Tim possesses the Professional Photographers of America’s coveted Masters and Craftsman Degrees and has also earned academic Master of Arts and Master of Fine Arts degrees in Fine Art Photography. In addition to numerous one-man exhibitions of his fine art work, Tim’s photography has been internationally recognized for its innovative style and technique.