Shoot the stars in the uniquely Californian landscape of Joshua Tree! Join us for this weekend of hands-on learning.
Joshua Tree National Park is a unique area that combines two deserts: the high Mojave Desert and the low Colorado Desert. With a rich backdrop of hills, rock structures, and its native Joshua trees, this ancient desert is a fascinating area for learning night sky photography.
Learn how to shoot the stars in this Night Sky Photography Workshop in Joshua Tree!
- Camera (spare batteries and memory cards recommended)
- Wide angle lenses, filters, etc.
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothes
- Face Mask
Accommodations are not included in pricing.
Our meeting place will be at Holiday Inn Express in Twentynine Palms, 72535 Twentynine Palms Highway, Twentynine Palms, CA 92277.
- 5 PM – Meet in lobby at Holiday Inn Express to go over tips and techniques for focusing in the dark to shoot stars.
- 6 PM – We will drive over to Joshua Tree National Park. Feel free to bring a cooler with beverages – It will be hot!
- 6:30 PM – Set up at Boy Scout Trail to shoot the sunset
- Sunset is at 7:30 PM
- After sunset, we will head over to Live Oak to shoot the milky way against the desert landscape
- We will then head over to Key’s Ranch for light painting and more night shooting
- We expect to be out shooting until midnight or earlier
- Beginner – Advanced
- Save $50 by booking a whole weekend!
- Price does not include lodging. Please be sure to book your room at Holiday Inn Express 29 Palms.
- David LaNeve
Interested in more travel photography workshops? Check out our other upcoming adventures!