Shoot the stars in the uniquely Californian landscape of Joshua Tree! Join us for this weekend of hands-on learning.
Joshua Tree National Park is a unique area that combines two deserts: the high Mojave Desert and the low Colorado Desert. With a rich backdrop of hills, rock structures, and its native Joshua trees, this ancient desert is a fascinating area for learning night sky photography.
Learn how to shoot the stars in this Night Sky Photography Workshop in Joshua Tree!
- Camera (spare batteries and memory cards recommended)
- Wide angle lenses, filters, etc.
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothes
- Face Mask
- 4pm We will meet at the Holiday Inn’s Express Lobby.
- Once there, we will go over focusing in the dark and other techniques for shooting the stars!
- Then it’s off to a local restaurant for dinner
- After dinner, we will follow each other into the park to our first location (Boy scout trail) for amazing sunset photos.
- Sunset is at 6:30PM
- After sunset, we will do some light painting while we are waiting for the stars to come out.
- After the light painting we will then go to our final location and begin shooting the Milky Way!
- Beginner – Advanced
- Save $50 by booking a whole weekend!
- Price does not include lodging. Please be sure to book your room at Holiday Inn Express 29 Palms.
- David LaNeve
Interested in more travel photography workshops? Check out our other upcoming adventures!