Join on us for an unforgettable safari experience on this Kenya Travel Photography Workshop! See Amboseli National Park, the Solio Game Reserve, the Masai Mara Game Reserve, and more in this exciting photography adventure!
The dream of every wildlife photographer is to visit the most iconic locations around the globe to witness and photograph the beauty and majesty of the animal and birdlife in their native environments. The locations are legendary: the Antarctic for the march of the penguins, the Pantanal of Brazil to track jaguars, the tiger reserves of Northern India, the Katmai peninsula to photograph the brown bears of Alaska as they gorge themselves on spawning salmon and so on. But if you were to only pick one place to visit, a land of mystery and mythology, the savannas of Kenya would be the choice – this Africa travel photography workshop is an amazing opportunity for incredible photos.
A photo safari to Kenya should be at the top of everyone’s bucket list. There is no place on earth where wild animals in their natural habitats are so abundant.
Travel Kenya with hand-picked safari guides who have extensive experience leading photographic safaris! We’ll be visiting several national parks famous for the vast array of wildlife and habitats unique to Africa. Stay in 4 and 5 star lodges and tented camps with great food and exquisite rooms to wind down and look through your daily safari images.
Day 1 (07/21): Nairobi
- Arrive in Nairobi. Stay overnight at Four Points by Sheraton (Bed & Breakfast).
Day 2-3 (07/22-23): Amboseli National Park
The greatest location on earth to see the remaining herds of free ranging elephants!
Drive through the scenic southern part of Kenya towards the Kenya-Tanzania border, Namanga. Arrive in time for lunch at your lodge!
Go on an afternoon game drive in this scenic and wildlife-rich park.
We recommend getting up early to experience excellent game-viewing and an incredible view of the snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro!
You may opt for an additional game drive after breakfast to visit the swamp with its magnificent wildlife, or simply relax at your lodge and take in the African wilderness.
- Afternoon game drive to see the Big Five.
- Dinners and overnights at Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge.
Day 4 (07/24): Solio Game Reserve
After breakfast, depart to Nairobi for lunch at a local restaurant. We’ll move on to Solio to arrive in the afternoon for a game drive before we check in at our hotel, Rhino Safari Lodge.
- Enjoy a day of game drives in Solio Game Reserve, best known for its rhino conservation efforts.
Day 5-7 (07/25-27): Samburu National Reserve
- Considered one of the top five wildlife parks in all of Africa, Samburu National Reserve is home to leopards, lions, and hundreds of other African birds and mammals. After breakfast, drive to the semi-arid desert reserve, situated in the northern part of Kenya; this is one of the loveliest reserves in terms of landscape and wildlife. You will have a chance to see rare animals such as the Grey Zebra, Long-Necked Gerenuk, Somali Ostrich, Reticulated Giraffe, and the Beisa Oryx.
- Arrive for lunch at your camp, the Samburu Lodge. After lunch, enjoy an extensive game drive through the reserve, and continue to enjoy unlimited game drives during your stay here!
Day 8-9 (07/28-29): Lake Nakuru
- One of the last strongholds of the black rhino and white rhino! Lake Nakuru is famous for its prolific population of flamingos and eagles, as well as for being home to leopards, lions, buffalo, hippos, giraffes, baboons, waterbuck, marabou storks, impala, warthogs, and pelicans.
- Enjoy unlimited game drives in the park!
- Enjoy dinner and overnighting at Sarova Lion Hill Lodge.
Day 10-15 (07/30 – 08/04): Maasai Mara Game Reserve
Considered by wildlife experts to be the singular greatest national park for viewing nearly every species of African wildlife left on the continent, Maasai Mara Game Reserve is what everyone pictures when they think of the African savannah. We are going to the Mara at the height of the Great Migration, where 1.5 million wildebeest, gazelle, zebras, and topis migrate from Tanzania into Kenya, bracing the treacherous river crossing and the awaiting jaws of the Nile. Naturalists consider the Great Migration to be the most amazing wildlife experience on the planet.
- Spend full days with unlimited drives exploring the Mara, home to the proud Maasai tribe. Visits to the local Maasai village can be arranged at additional cost.
- Enjoy dinners and overnights at Mara Bush Camp.
- On your last day, enjoy breakfast at Mara Bush Camp, then travel back to Nairobi to depart.
- Beginner – Advanced
*Workshop cost does not include airfare, tips for safari guides, alcohol, or additional park add-ons such as nature walks or hot air balloon rides.
✴ FIRST DEPOSIT TO RESERVE A SPOT: OPEN NOW!
Payment works in increments of 25%. You can choose to pay in increments or in full by selecting between 1-4 25% payment ticket options.
Half payment due by January 20, 2021.
Final payment due by May 20, 2021.
Cancellations on international trips are subject to trip operator’s policies. Please read the following carefully:
- Any cancellations less than 60 days before the departure date: No refund.
- Any cancellations greater than 60 days before the departure date: 50% refund.
- Any cancellations greater than 75 days before the departure date: 75% refund.
- Any cancellations greater than 90 days before the departure date: 100% refund.
Prices are based on double occupancy.
For single supplement, inquire via email or phone.
Interested in more travel photography workshops? Check out our other upcoming adventures!