One Week Kids Summer Photography Camp at the California Center for Digital Arts! Held in Orange County for kids and teens aged 11-17.
This fun photography camp teaches kids how to use the elements of photography to take better shots and develop their interest in the art of digital photography. They will not only learn how to use their camera but why. Understanding why they are adjusting the settings on their camera will make sense so they can achieve the look and feel of what they would like to create. Different types of photography are explored such as studio and portrait photography, documentary photography, street photography, and photojournalism.
Each student will learn how to use and operate their digital camera, learn how to compose their photos, and have an introduction to Adobe Lightroom. Daily workshops include studio photography, architecture photography, street photography, techniques for posing, plus more.
KIDS SUMMER PHOTOGRAPHY CAMP TOPICS
- Getting to know your camera and all that it can do
- How to shoot indoors
- How to shoot outdoors
- Shooting portraits
- Studio lighting
- Shooting landscapes
- Day One
Learn and review the features and functions of the camera
Going on a camera walk around town in the Artist Village practicing what was learned in the morning.
- Day Two
Studio Lighting involving posing, lighting set ups, table top and product photography
- Day Three
Photo Walk around town including the old Santa Ana Courthouse as we learn how to shoot outdoors
- Day Four
Field trip to the Santa Ana Zoo. We will learn about photographing animals and applying everything learned.
- Day Five
Photo Walk, Light Painting, review and more
Each day includes:
- Hands-on workshops (in classroom and/or on location)
- Learning sessions: Operation and care for camera, how to see light and shadows, compositional techniques, and more!
- Breaks for lunch, snacks and fun games
WHAT TO BRING
- Camera and camera equipment including: extra charged batteries, memory cards, additional lenses (optional), filters (optional), etc
- A packed lunch and snacks
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothing
- Optional: laptop loaded with Adobe Lightroom or Adobe Photoshop
Ages: 11-17 (students will break into smaller sessions based on ages)
If extended hours are needed, add $25 / hour
Our Photography Summer Camps in Orange County are conveniently located in the Artist Village in Downtown Santa Ana. The center includes multiple classrooms and state-of-the-art photography studios.