Join on us on a springtime safari on this Tanzania Travel Photography Workshop! See Serengeti National Park, Ndutu National Park, Ngorongoro National Park, and more in this exciting photography adventure!
Journey across Tanzania to see all that these national parks have to offer on a photography safari adventure!
Travel Tanzania with hand-picked safari guides who have extensive experience leading photographic safaris! We’ll be visiting several national parks famous for the vast array of wildlife and habitats unique to Africa. Stay in 4 and 5 star lodges and tented camps with great food and exquisite rooms to wind down and look through your daily safari images.
- Day 0 (02/15): Arusha, Tanzania
- Fly from your home airports to Arusha, Tanzania (Kilimanjaro International Airport).
- Day 1 (02/16): Arusha, Tanzania
- You will arrive in Arusha Tanzania at Kilimanjaro International Airport, where you will be picked up and transported to our hotel (Gran Melia Hotel) in Arusha. We will all meet for dinner and an orientation meeting this evening at THE hotel.
- Day 2 (02/17): Ngorongoro National Park
- After breakfast we will drive to Ngorogoro National Park. Ngorogoro is one the world’s largest calderas. For thousands of years, wildlife has lived in the Ngorogoro Crater in peace. The crater is beautiful and the animals are approachable. Ngorogoro is famous for its lion prides and the huge numbers of hyenas that live within the caldera. We will have a productive afternoon game drive. As the sun sets, we will continue up to the rim of the crater and check in to our hotel for dinner at the Ngorogoro Serena Lodge.
- Day 3 (02/18): Serengeti National Park
- After breakfast, we will leave Ngorogoro and begin our drive to the magnificent Serengeti Plains. We will spend the entire day on a game drive through the Serengeti. We will have a short break for a picnic lunch and then continue following the wildebeest migration. The lions and cheetahs follow the wildebeest migration looking for opportunities to make a kill. We will be in the Serengeti during the dramatic birthing season. The zebras and the wildebeest will all be process of giving birth so the days on the Serengeti will be filled with action. The grass will be green and over a million wildebeests will be grazing in the Serengeti. We will be on the lookout for lion prides on the kopjes. Kopjes are the iconic boulder islands that dot the Serengeti savanna. Lions and leopards love to use the kopjes as their base of operations. After our day long game drive, we will head to our beautiful hotel, the Seronera Wildlife Lodge.
- Day 4-5 (02/19-20): Serengeti National Park
- We will have two incredible days on the Serengeti tracking the migration and watching for the predators – the lions, leopards and cheetahs. We will have two game drive per day, returning each night to our hotel.
- Day 6 (02/21): Ndutu National Reserve
- On this day we will depart the Serengeti and travel to one of the greatest wildlife locations in the world – the Ndutu national reserve. Ndutu is a multifaceted ecosystem, with marshes, riverine forests, and open savannas. Ndutu is world famous for its lion prides and stealthy leopards. The wildebeest will be traveling through Ndutu while we are there and we should expect to see many lion hunts. The lionesses will have given birth to their cubs while we are in Ndutu, so we will spend hours photographing the babies as they play with their litter mates and their moms. Ndutu is one of my favorite places in Africa for wildlife photography. Our hotel in Ndutu is the remarkable Ndutu Lodge, where the animals literally walk right up to your rooms and we have Masai warriors to walk us to and from our rooms. Don’t worry, it’s completely safe, but it is thrilling!
- Day 7-8 (02/21-22): Ndutu National Reserve
- For the next two days we will have two game drives per day in Ndutu. You will get the opportunity to capture some of the best wildlife images of your life while we are in Ndutu.
- Day 9 (02/23): Ngorongoro National Park
- On this day we will leave Ndutu and travel back to Ngorongoro National Park and have a sundown game drive in the Crater. We will once again be residing at the Ngorogoro Serena Hotel for the evening.
- Day 10 (02/24): Ngorongoro Crater
- Those still on the main safari, will have a morning game drive in the Ngorogoro Crater and then after lunch, drive back to Arusha to prepare for your evening international flight back to the United States.
*OPTIONAL TWO ADDITIONAL DAYS: If you are opting to participate in our two-day extension, then you will stay in Ndutu for two more days.So, on Day 9 and Day 10, you will be game driving in Ndutu and staying at Ndutu Lodge. Call us to inquire about the additional two days of photographic safari adventuring! 714-529-3686
- Day 11 (02/25): Serengeti National Park
- On this day after your two extra days in Ndutu, you will be driving back to the Serengeti for an afternoon game drive. You will be staying at the Ngorogoro Serena this evening.
- Day 12 (02/26):
- Those on the Ndutu extension will have a morning game drive and then proceed to drive back to Arusha for preparations for your return flight to the USA this evening.
- Beginner – Advanced
- Jeff Sink
- A lifelong educator and coach, Jeff brings his talents for leadership, mentorship and energy to CCDA as one of our travel photographers. After retiring from teaching and coaching basketball, Jeff now pursues photography full-time with CCDA. He has led countless trips to Africa, Alaska, Iceland and the Southwest sharing his passion for teaching the fine art of wildlife and landscape photography.
- David LaNeve
- A professional photographer and founder of the CCDA, David enjoys sharing his passion for photography with his students. He has mentored countless photographers from basic to professional levels. His engaging personality and humor make him a favorite among the students.
*Workshop cost does not include airfare, tips for safari guides, alcohol, or additional park add-ons such as nature walks or hot air balloon rides.
Payment works in increments of 25%. You can choose to pay in increments or in full by selecting between 1-4 25% payment ticket options.
Half payment due by August 15, 2020.
Final payment due by December 15, 2020.
Cancellations on international trips are subject to trip operator’s policies. Please read the following carefully:
- Any cancellations less than 60 days before the departure date: No refund.
- Any cancellations greater than 60 days before the departure date: 50% refund.
- Any cancellations greater than 75 days before the departure date: 75% refund.
- Any cancellations greater than 90 days before the departure date: 100% refund.
Prices are based on double occupancy.
For single supplement, inquire via email or phone.
Interested in more travel photography workshops? Check out our other upcoming adventures!