Health & Safety Going Forward
Thank you to everyone who voiced your feelings and concerns related to participating in our summer and fall educational programs. We have listened, read, and re-read all of your heartfelt responses, and please rest assured that we will implement safety procedures into our daily operations. These procedures are outlined below.
Of course, the future is unpredictable, so we will be closely monitoring the situation and protocols will be reviewed and changed as needed for your safety and the safety of our staff.
• CLASS SIZE: Class sizes will be reduced to allow for social distancing. When possible, we will eliminate some classroom lectures and replace them with pre-recorded lectures that you can access and view from the safety of your home prior to the on-site / field components of the class.
• HYGIENE: Signs will be posted in highly visible locations to encourage good hygiene and describe how to stop the spread of germs by properly washing hands and wearing a facemask.
• SOCIAL DISTANCING: Social distancing will be required. Please be respectful to your neighbors in our programs.
• STAFF: Our instructors and volunteers will have the authority to enforce community rules. If these rules are not acceptable to you, we ask that you do not register for classes. We reserve the right to deny a student participation in a course due to concerns over health and safety.
• IF SOMEONE IS SICK: You will receive credit for any missed course registrations to reschedule for a future date. If you feel ill prior to any class, please call or email to cancel to protect our instructors, volunteers, and students.