Advanced Lighting: Indoor & Outdoor
Learn posing and portrait lighting techniques that are the backbone of a successful professional portrait studio.
This Advanced Studio Lighting Workshop is a two-day course that will prepare photographers to create striking portraiture!
Day 1: Advanced Studio Lighting
Advanced Studio Portrait Lighting provides the opportunity for learning the posing and portrait lighting techniques that are the backbone of a successful professional portrait or wedding studio. Learn new techniques, new styles of lighting, and bump up your creativity! In this Advanced Studio Portrait Lighting workshop, you will learn from Master Photographer Tim Meyer. With style as a consideration, and in a hands-on environment, Mr. Meyer will illustrate how your choice of light shaping tools, metering, ratios, facial and body analysis, and posing work together to produce dynamic results and consistently high-quality images.
- Quality of light and the portrait
- Ambient, continuous, available, and strobe light sources
- Understanding light modifiers and enhancers
- Mastering lighting ratios
- Importance and selection of backgrounds
- Extensive coverage of lighting setups
- Understanding light metering in portraiture
- Lighting patterns on the human face
- Facial analysis
- Composition in portraiture
- Posing for various types of portraits
- Eliciting appropriate expressions
- The fine art portrait
- Portraiture for the masses
Day 2: Mastering Outdoor Natural Lighting
Finding and Mastering Natural Light provides the skill sets needed to find, manipulate and master natural lighting environments as it pertains to portraiture. You will learn and understand how lighting works effectively and appreciate how to use it for your portraits. Developing the skills, learning the techniques, tools, and equipment needed, will take you to the next level. Lighting and this course is an important step in improving your photography making you go from good images to great images!
- Understanding the nature of quality portrait lighting
- Recognizing and using naturally occurring light
- Use of reflectors and flags to modify natural light
- Mixing electronic flash with natural light
- Overall portrait pose and expression
- Camera and extra battery
- Something to take notes
- If you would like, a snack and something to drink
All of our standard Payment Terms apply.