A mandatory pre-recorded online workshop prep will be sent before this workshop begins. Please be on the look out for the information regarding this meeting in your email a few days before the workshop. We want you to feel as prepared as possible for this workshop so that you get the most out of your learning experience with us!
Learn how to take photos of the night sky. Learn about the equipment and techniques needed to make creative star trail and night sky photographs. Star trails require long exposures, a sturdy tripod, lockable remote release, specialized software and a spark of imagination. Come learn how to make these captivating images.
- How to set your camera to correctly capture the night sky
- How to make 3 products out of one set of images (single star shot, star trail shot, and a time-lapsed video)
- How and why to shoot North, South, or West
- Camera Manual
- 1 or more DSLR Camera capable of manual mode and wide-angle lens
- Multiple backup batteries, backup memory
- Wired locking remote release with a backup wired release. DO NOT depend on the camera’s internal intervalometer.
- Warm protective clothing for hiking
Must know how to operate a DSLR in manual mode with knowledge of how to change ISO and white balance.
Room Booking Information
- July 30th Borrego Trip Hotel Link: https://reservations.