In this course, you will learn the foundational principles of filmmaking and video production.
You’ll learn what all those knobs and dials on your camera are for, go through the basics of camera settings, and what settings to use in various lighting conditions. We’ll explain the difference between simple “point and shoot” cameras, smartphone video options, and DSLRs and the newer mirrorless cameras (full-size cameras with changeable lenses – not limited to professionals!). You’ll learn what kind of camera to buy if you don’t already have one or want to move from a smartphone to something with more power and options. No matter what camera you have, you’ll leave this crash course with a better knowledge of how your camera works. We’ll get you on the path to creating great videos and films!
- Understanding your camera
- Understanding your lens options
- The principles of filmmaking and video production
- Learn what your video controls mean
- Learn how to control your shots
- Camera with manual exposure modes and your favorite lens (DSLR recommended)
- Extra battery and memory card
- Camera manual
- Water bottle
- Beginner to Intermediate