In Fine Art of Digital Printing 2 Day Workshop, learn to turn your photos into amazing prints!
Go from screen to print in this intensive two-day digital printing workshop and create beautiful fine art prints from your favorite photos! Use Photoshop and Lightroom to prepare your images to go from camera to final print, and learn the tips and tricks you need to create incredible art. Become familiar with printers and papers and how they interact with your photos in an easy to understand format that will let you have full control over your whole photographic process. Leave with new knowledge and beautiful prints of your work!
More than just a technical class on Photoshop and Lightroom, this course will emphasize the digital print as a unique art form in which the choice of inkjet paper to print on makes the difference between an ordinary photo and an extraordinary piece of artwork.
Instructor Eric Joseph will cover all of the technical jargon and vocabulary of inkjet papers and introduce you to the full range of inkjet media available on the market from standard Resin Coated Photograde papers to handmade Japanese washi papers. This course emphasizes the creative benefits of understanding and controlling your digital print results through a hands-on printmaking session. The information is taught in an easily digestible and accessible format.
“The goal for every photographer should be to have a personal relationship with your materials so that when you push the button on your digital camera you have a pre-visualized notion of what the final image will ultimately look like up to and including what paper you will be printing on.” – Eric Joseph
- Proper camera settings
- Overview of inkjet papers and how they affect image quality
- Archival permanence
- Color management
- Monitor and printer calibration
- What type of printer to use and why
- Downloading and applying ICC profiles
- Preparing files for printing
- Laptop with Photoshop CC and Lightroom Classic CC
- Thumb drive with a few images that you would like to print, large enough to print at 8.5×11 and 18×24 at 300ppi, formatted as an RGB TIF file
- *$50 print materials fee
- Experience working with Photoshop and Lightroom is helpful but not required.