Kids Summer Photography Camp
This Kids Summer Photography Camp is perfect for young creative minds interested in photography!
This Kids Summer Photography Camp is perfect for young creative minds interested in photography! This is a fun, one-week camp held in Orange County, for kids and teens aged 11-17.
This summer camp teaches kids the elements of photography and how to use them to take better shots and develop their skills. They’ll learn all of the settings on their camera, how to work in a studio, and how to set up great shots no matter where they are! All kinds of photography are explored, from studio and portrait to street photography and photojournalism – this is a chance for your child to dip their toes in different areas of this art and learn what they like best.
Each student will learn how to use and operate their digital camera, how to compose their photos, and have an introduction to Adobe Lightroom. Daily workshops include studio photography, architectural photography, street photography, techniques for posing and composition, and more!
KIDS SUMMER PHOTOGRAPHY CAMP TOPICS
- Getting to know your camera and all that it can do
- How to shoot indoors
- How to shoot outdoors
- Shooting portraits
- Studio lighting
- Shooting landscapes
- Learn and review the features and functions of the camera.
- Photo walk around the Artist Village to practice what was learned in the morning.
- Studio lighting workshop involving posing, lighting setups, and tabletop, and product photography.
- Photowalk around the Artist Village, including the old Santa Ana Courthouse as we learn how to shoot outdoors.
- Field trip to the Santa Ana Zoo (depending on Zoo capacity and hours). We will learn about photographing animals and motion and applying everything we have learned. Alternatively, we will take a photo walk and learn about shooting subjects in motion.
- Photowalk, light painting, review, and more.
- Each day includes:
- Hands-on workshops (in the classroom and/or on location)
- Breaks for lunch, snacks, and fun photography games!
WHAT TO BRING
- Camera and camera equipment (extra charged batteries and memory cards)
- A packed lunch and snacks
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothing
- OPTIONAL: Additional lenses or filters
- OPTIONAL: Laptop loaded with Adobe Lightroom or Adobe Photoshop
- Ages 11-17 (students will break into smaller sessions based on ages)
HOURS & DAYS
- Monday – Friday
- 9am – 3pm
David LaNeve, CPP
All of our standard Payment Terms apply.