Capture beautiful desert landscapes you’ll only find in California in this Joshua Tree Model Photography Workshop! With two instructors by your side, you will come home with breathtaking images for your portfolio!
Joshua Tree National Park is a unique area that combines two deserts: the high Mojave Desert and the low Colorado Desert. With a rich backdrop of hills, rock structures, and its native Joshua trees, this ancient desert is a fascinating area for both landscape and fashion photography.
Take your location portraits to the next level! Work with models in this gorgeous Californian desert landscape to create stunning images; great for your portfolio, wall, or gallery! Come join us and learn how to create breathtaking images while combining natural and strobe lighting while working in this unique setting. This workshop is designed for photographers who are committed to staying on top of their game. This Joshua Tree Model Photography Workshop will be an amazing adventure with incredible photographic opportunities!
- 7:00 PM: Sunset pictures at Joshua Tree.
- 9:00 PM: Meet at the hotel for dinner and student image critique.
- 9:00 AM: Meet for breakfast at the hotel.
- 10:00 AM: Travel to Joshua Tree for morning shoots with models.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch break.
- 1:00 PM: Travel to new locations for landscape and model shoots.
- 5:00 PM: Dinner break.
- 7:00 PM: Sunset photography and light painting at Elephant Arch.
- 9:00 AM: Meet for breakfast at hotel.
- 10:00 AM: Leave for Ranch for model and landscape photography.
- 2:00 PM: Travel home.
- Advanced posing and directing
- Lighting theory and techniques
- Adding and subtracting light with light-shaping tools
- How to find the right light
- Location scouting advice
- Wardrobe selection and styling
- Camera and extra batteries
- Strobes (if you have them)
- The hotel for this photography workshop will be Holiday Inn Express 29 Palms. Please be sure to book your room in advance!