A mandatory online Pre-workshop prep equipment review will take place before this workshop begins. Please be on the look out for the information regarding this in your email upon sign up. We want you to feel as prepared as possible for this workshop so that you get the most out of your learning experience with us!
Light painting, painting with light, light drawing, or light art performance photography are terms that describe photographic techniques of moving a light source while taking a long exposure photograph, either to illuminate a subject or space, or to shine light at the camera to ‘draw’, or by moving the camera itself during exposure of light sources. Practiced since the 1880s, the technique is used for both scientific and artistic purposes, as well as in commercial photography.
The Salton Sea was formed by accident in the early 1900s in an engineering mishap during irrigation of the Imperial Valley. In its glory days, it was a hotbed for sports fishing, a recreational area boasting more visitors than Yosemite, and an important wetland for migratory birds. Currently, it is known as a dying wasteland – the sea is lined with dead fish and is shrinking fast. Its decaying ruins, plentiful birdlife, intriguing off-the-grid culture, and gorgeous light have drawn in photographers from all over the state despite its lack of maintenance. In this workshop, you will explore the shores and discover inspiring dilapidated art sites and make our own light art amongst the devastation.
• Light Painting Photography
• Visual Storytelling
• Memory Card(s)
• Wide Lens 16-35 or 24-70 or something similar
• Sturdy Tripod
• Closed-Toed Shoes
• Wired Remote Shutter Release
• Basic Camera Operation Knowledge
• Must know how to use camera in bulb mode
• Must know how to manually change aperture and shutter speed
• Must have wired remote release
• Open to all levels of Photographers
• Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
• MUST view pre workshop camera prep class online
• Does Not Include: transportation, meals, accommodations, possible entrance fees or model gratuity (this is a harsh shoot for models).
See more of the instructor’s work at https://www.instagram.com/
Hotel: Brawley Inn 575 W Main St , Brawley, California 92227
Ask for CCDA rate or say you’re with the photography group
Attendees will receive a discount code for https://