Digital Photography: After the Auto Mode
Learn to shoot in the AV/TV priority modes and how to manage the settings that accompany them.
Learn and understand your camera’s exposure modes in After the Auto Mode where you’ll begin shooting in the AV/TV priority modes and learning the settings that accompany them.
If you’ve taken a basic camera class and you would like to advance out of the auto mode, you are ready for this fun class! We will teach you how you can be more in control of your camera settings and your photos. This course is about teaching you two modes on your camera to do just that!
This course will teach you about AV / TV Priority Modes. We will go over and learn about each mode and then take a walk in our artist village and practice shooting and applying what you have learned.
We will go outside and practice, experiment, and apply. We will try different settings and combinations to show you the variety of emotions and looks you can get out of your image. This is done by your camera settings in the AV/TV modes. Using AV/TV settings in different combinations will achieve the look you want. What you will learn and leave within this class, will give you more control of your camera and what you want out of your images which makes you more confident.
- AV Priority Mode: Learn how to select the best aperture for controlling your depth of field.
- TV Priority Mode: Learn how to select the best shutter speed to stop action and control blur. How do you get running water to stop while it flows? Or capturing a speeding car?
- Camera with manual exposure modes and your favorite lens (DSLR recommended)
- Extra battery and memory card
- Camera manual
- Sun protection and your walking shoes
- Water bottle
- Beginner to Intermediate
David LaNeve, CPP
All of our standard Payment Terms apply.